Per Mom's request, "No, don't take a picture of me." So I took one from her shoulders down. That doesn't count does it?
Look at her cuteness- that colorful apron and her little red shoes all while cooking up some yummy Christmas goodies.
I just wanted to eat her up!
And while we're on the subject of cooking, let's see if I can remember her famous Cornbread recipe:
- Melt 1/2- 1 stick of butter in a cast iron skillet while preheating the oven to 425 degrees.
- Mix 1/3 C of flour & 4/3 aka 1 1/3 C of cornmeal in a mixing bowl.
- Add 1 tsp of salt and 1/2 tsp of baking
- Then add 1 cup of Buttermilk (or substitute
1/3 C vinegar & 2/3 C whole milk1 to 2 TB of vinegar and finish off the cup with milk).
- Stir & drop into heated skillet then return to oven.
- And then you should have beautiful, crisp Cornbread after 20 minutes!