Tuesday, December 14, 2010

The Old, The New, Some Shopping, Bye Bye Blue

Well yesterday we found out that Baby #2 is a GIRL!
THE OLD
After a 14-wk ultrasound, the tech had me thinking this baby was likely a boy. She "saw a nub" and while she strongly advised to not buy anything gender-specific, Scott and I prepared ourselves for a little boy. So originally I'd dreamed up a more modern nursery with slimline Ikea furniture...
...and an Ugly Doll theme with these critters scattered on wall shelves throughout the nursery
...some fun, funky touches like this
...paired with a green, yellow, and hints of blue throughout the room {walls were going to be very wide horizontal stripes of green/yellow}.
So imagine our surprise when the sweet baby girl was finally detected {after about an hour she cooperated!}.
We're elated!

First of all we wanted a healthy baby, but if you twisted my arm I would have admitted I secretly wanted a little girl so that we'd have one of each. Scott won't admit this, but he wanted one too. I warned him that if Baby #2 was a little boy that we'd have to keep trying for a girl and I think this had him petrified were this baby a boy {this pregnancy hasn't been the cheery one I had with Baby M}. And Baby M will definitely be a fantastic big brother to his little sister!


THE NEW
So we're going Team Pink now. And that means all new preparations: new clothes, new accessories, new mindset, and back to the nursery drawing board. Oh and we're still not certain about plans for the nursery since technically all rooms are being used in the house. Design Challenge: ACCEPTED!
And I'm holding off going crazy on shopping for Baby D. While I want to go wild, we obviously can't do it financially and there are other priorities before her May arrival.
TO DOs:
  1. CHRISTMAS- all presents purchased, but must make/bake Christmas treats & finish planned crafts for Toddling M {by the way, since he's no longer a Baby, I suppose Toddling M fits him better}
  2. TODDLING M'S BIRTHDAY- must find a cheap venue, preferably indoors because it seems to be particularly cold this year and I'm not going to trust that mid-February will be warm enough for an outdoor event...although our new backyard would have been perfect. At least I've decided on a theme: Mickey Mouse, since his absolute mostest favoritest show is Mickey Mouse Playhouse. Every. Single. Day.
  3. ALL THINGS GIRLIE for BABY D- I'm going to try and DIY as much as possible for Baby D. I'd like to make a lot of her nursery decor, clothes, hairbows etc. to try and save money.

SOME SHOPPING

But for those of you who haven't yet exhausted your Christmas shopping list and/or you just enjoy shopping in general, did you know that this Friday, December 17th is Free Shipping Day? Omigoodness...I'd take advantage of it like crazy if I could =)

But thought I could at least pass this along {HERE}BYE BYE BLUE!

3 comments:

Jamie Grizzle said...

I'm so excited to see what you cook up. I know it will be gorgeous! Speaking of gorgeous...I can't wait for Dakota to get here!!!

Rachel said...

Congratulations!!! Girls are SOOOO fun!!!

{Amanda} said...

Yay! We're so excited- thank y'all so much.