Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Sitting Duck

This past weekend I made:
The last 3 recipes were out of the new Sandra Lee Semi-Homemade Magazine that Betty got me for my BDay. I'll be making Salisbury Steak either tonight or tomorrow too.

My freezer has the gnarly stash of food for Baby Mason and now I have somewhere around 17 dinner servings left to be eaten and it's already Wednesday. I likely won't be cooking this weekend. Which will be nice...I might bring the sewing machine back out and figure out some project to start.
___________________________
Today on the Job...

Today has been slow. I know it's only been 12 days since my Layoff (8 work-week days), but those first few days were a fast-paced scurry to get everything organized, make a plan of action, update my resume (with thorough editing!), communicate my layout through key networking channels, calls back and forth with recruiters and companies.

But today I feel like a sitting duck. It's been the first day of "quietness."

I know something will come of this search. God has already provided me with 3 phone interviews and I'll have 3 in-person interviews through the end of May so far. I'm just ancy I suppose...

2 comments:

The Faucett's said...

You know I will be happy to keep Mason while you have those interviews! I will keep praying for you!

{Amanda} said...

you're awesome Betty! i'm praying that i'll be able to make my decision by the end of next week...it might run into June, but I'm hoping not too long.

God is good, He hears your prayers!