Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Spooky Celebrations

Our Supper Club Halloween Party is tonight!
And ohhh it's promises to be sPoOkY...

I've been looking forward to this dinner for weeks. Buckeye Belle is hosting this year and just look at the detail she puts into hostessing as even our invites and menu look ahhhmazing!

If you haven't already, check out her stationery design blog The Paper Nest
______________________
And in my attempt to be a little more crafty (homemade versus store bought), here are the Halloween SC "Happy"s in an orange pail: days-of-the-week magnets (they look Gothic); a witches broom pencil; and candy in an orange goodie bag.

I included 2 pictures because at first I only dumped the candy into the pail. I decided to try making the orange bags as my first attempt at sewing with this new sewing machine to get a feel for the machine and also see if I remembered anything at all from my Homemaking Class 15 years ago.


I think the bags gave the pails a nice touch. Originally I made 4 bags; however, the first 2 were trashed. But all 4 only took about 30 min including ironing the interfacing on all sets and setting everything up.

I'm off to our frightening festivities...

No comments: