Thursday, November 19, 2009

Doorbells and Sleigh Bells and Schnitzel with Noodles

These are a few of my favorite things: {LOOOONG Overdue!}

1. Annechovie Prints: Anne Harwell is a brilliant artist splashed across almost every designer blog. I'm purchasing a card collection {to be framed} from her Etsy store for my mostly-white sunroom redo...yay!

2. Learning from my Mistakes: This is key. I seem to have a knack for making the same mistakes over and over again...particularly in the romantic relationship realm. But of course a huge key in learning from your mistakes is actually admitting you've made a mistake in the first place. How do you learn from it then? Well, you make a conscious effort to not repeat that same mistake. Do something different. Realize that if you continue in the pattern of making the same mistakes, then you'll inevitably result in the same outcome. Duh!


3. Getting Ready for First Dates: Speaking of the "romantic relationship realm"...even when there's no real spark, I have always enjoyed the preparation and anticipation of a first date. Admittedly, I've only had a small handful of great first dates and about 2 or 3 exceptional first dates BUT that doesn't take away from the fun and excitement of preparing for the possibility of something great.

4. Baby Gap: Yep, I'm loving the cool-weather clothes for baby boys right now. The Aspen lodge looks, the layered clothes, the fun hats and toboggans...

5. Keep Calm and Carry On: I think I've mentioned this poster before... I have an inspired art project in mind, also for my sunroom. These are British WWI PR posters. Like the Annechovie prints, this has made its rounds in the design world...at some points I think it's been overplayed but then again some people say that about coral / shabby chic / sunburst mirrors. I say just use what you love.Here are some poster spoofs of the original design. The messages are great-hmmmm, maybe I need these more!

6. Philosophy's Falling in Love scent: Yep, this lives up to its name in my book. A romantic, feminine, delicate scent.

7. Holiday Dresses: I perhaps saved the best for last. I adore Christmas parties...and especially dressing up for them. Here are some beautiful classic dresses in black and/or black and white.
{via Anthropologie}
{via Shabby Apple}
{via Shabby Apple}
{via Shabby Apple}

No comments: