But I'm hungry right now and want to reveal some of my favorite recipe variations.
- Oven @ 350 F
- Mix all the Stuffing Ingredients together
- Lay chicken out & insert a dollop of stuffing; tuck corners over (use toothpicks to temporarily hold)
- Make egg wash using an egg & a brief pour of milk
- Dunk chicken in flour, then egg wash, then coat with crumbs
- Place in baking dish with corners face down; remove toothpicks (should stay-put)
- Bake for 30-35 minutes (make sure there's no pink!)
- Top with heated Bearnaise sauce.
Then once I took this recipe for Maple Chicken Cream de Brie Sauce and gave it my own twist.
CANDIED CHICKEN BRIE
Boneless, Skinless Chicken Breasts
equal parts- Honey; Maple Syrup; Brown Sugar
Crushed Red Pepper (this ingredient is key for the kick!)
Heavy Whipping Cream
- Mix marinade ingredients & then marinate the Chicken for 15 minutes in a large Ziploc bag. Make sure it inhales all the sweet, sugary goodness. I always add just a sprinkle more of the red pepper right before I place it in the oven.
- Bake chicken @ 350 F for 35-40 minutes (I put foil down because this mess gets very gooey)
- Meanwhile, make the sauce by combining wine, garlic and chives in a large sauce pan. Add cream and simmer for 10 minutes, then add Brie and mustard...keep stirring mixture to make sure the lumps melt evenly. I'm pretty sure I added a little more wine here and there until the consistency was just right.
- Top the candied chicken with the Brie sauce and it's a yummy goodness you wouldn't expect!