Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Raindrops On Roses And Whiskers On Kittens...

These are a few of my favorite things:
I'm several days late getting this out (I try for the second Friday of each month) but last Friday was my little brother's wedding! Which brings me to Favorite #1...
1. My New Sister-In-Law: I couldn't have asked for a more perfect-fitting sister-in-law. Love you Pink Pimpette! Does anyone reading think it's a little weird that they've been calling family members on their Honeymoon just to chat? Hmmm, I know what I'd be doing on my Honeymoon! Of course, they are off the beaches of South Florida...and evidently during Hurricane Hades!
2. Haagen-Dazs Ice Cream: specifically Extra Rich, Light Dulce De Leche Caramel
3. Kitchen Chalkboards: well in honor of kids going back-to-school, I've decided that my kitchen is lacking this homage to education. Anyone know where to find a cheap one? This one from Pottery Barn is ri-dunkulous @ $149...it's just a chalkboard!

4. My Small Group: we don't always get to the devotional study planned, but many times that's for the better. I'm so thankful Katiebug & Dear Friend separately shared with me that they wanted a group back in March; Ben came on board; Dear Friend has since moved away; now we've added Nick (not pictured). They're great friends, a support system and prayer warriors.

5. My Office View: although I will admit that during important Conference Calls, I catch myself staring out the window and have to refocus...again and again. Monday I looked down and saw a super-large wood turtle moving along the ivy brush; that fatboy was pretty cool to watch.

6. Funky Dining Room Inspirations: these are random pictures I've collected, my apologies for not knowing to whom I should credit.

7. Running: well, we have a love-hate relationship. But it's a good practice of discipline. There are lots of things in life that will require sticking through and toughing things out. Running is a voluntary choice, that's not particularly fun for me, but I always feel it does good for both my mind and body afterwards. Since the past 2 weeks have been so hectic, I hadn't kept up my regular running routine and right now, my body is NOT happy from running last night, but I'll get over it soon enough...

4 comments:

Cupcakes and Cashmere said...

i cannot thank you enough for the pictures of the chalk boards! i bought one a while back at a vintage store and i had no room for it, but simply fell in love. now i might incorporate it in my dining room! thanks for the ideas, love.

{Amanda} said...

man i've been itching to get a chalkboard up in the kitchen for a while, but i can't seem to find the right size or a decently priced one. i may end up using the chalkboard paint.

if i had a free wall in my dining room, i'd put it up there too!

please share once you get your dining room complete...your living room is incredible!

::The Grizzles:: said...

Love the room photos! Always looking for decorating inspirations! As for chalkboards, I saw some cute ones at Homegoods last weekend. Or you could always paint a section on your wall with chalkboard paint and then frame it out with a cool empty frame. OR you could do like I did with my giant bulletin board and buy a generic one at an Office Supply store and then change out the frame by either painting it our just putting a different one on it altogether? Sorry, didn't meant to write a book about the topic...can't wait to see what you come up with!

{Amanda} said...

for Labor Day, i have NO plans (hurrah). i've decided that i'm going to make a list of things to search for: chalkboard, easy home crafts, sewing projects (mom's been the only one to use my sewing machine...ever)

james, your ideas are really good though- hadn't even thought of Home Goods!