Friday, November 14, 2008

Bright Copper Kettles and Warm Woolen Mittens

These are a few of my favorite things:

1. Mason in my Belly: Yeah, that's right. I kinda like him in there...all warm, cozy, and protected. Plus last night I made the grave mistake of looking on YouTube for birthing/delivery scenes. I was traumatized...and yes, I was brought to tears and not the sentimental kind, they were the fearful/dreading kind. I've still never seen that "Miracle of Birth" video everyone talks about and I don't look forward to any part of the whole delivery thing if it's anything like the clips I saw on YouTube. Mason can stay in there thankyouverymuch! But back to the warm-fuzzy-favorite- I really like the little guy in my tummy. He's happy, I'm happy, everyone's happy. Let's keep it that way.

2. Precor Elliptical Machine: Since I can only run a couple of miles now (no I'm not giving up, it's just that this watermelon belly is really tearing up my joints), I've turned to the elliptical machine and it's a great way for me to fit my cardio in and not worry about my joints. I'm still trying to get in at least 5 miles each night whether it be through running or doing the elliptical machine or a combo, but one advantage with the Precor is the super-convenient touch bars that allow me to monitor my heart rate.
3. SugarBoo Photoboxes: These are the large wooden quote frames seen in boutiques across our landscape. It's a great wall statement and have some of the most endearing quotes surrounding the photo square. BUT they're ridiculously expensive upwards of $250 a frame (at 20"x20" outside measurements for a 4"x4" picture). I wonder if Dad could make the frame and Mom could paint/design the finish... (HINT HINT!)
4. Free Printable Gift Wrap: Yep, it's FREE just click HERE
5. Tyler Candles: The Tyler Candle Company is based out of my hometown Tyler, Texas! These are also found in local boutiques. While I haven't checked the pricing at the boutiques, I found two Websites with very reasonable prices for these candles Here and Here. I finished off Limelight yesterday and have a Lipstick candle to try next =)
6. Fall Colors: And it's right outside my window =)
7. Fridays: 'Nough said.

3 comments:

Sylvia Grace said...

Yes, I love those quote frames- but I encountered the same price dilema. I REFUSED to pay that much...so, I made my own! Just a thought!

I love fall colors also! Gorgeous!

Tiffany Norris said...

I am making my own version of those frames for Christmas gifts as well. :)

{Amanda} said...

y'all must have great handwriting! my problem is i could get through the painting and faux-finishing part, but the steady scripty calligraphy lettering would butcher all my other efforts...and then by that point all would be lost!