Monday, August 31, 2009

Sooo Fat

Have you ever had a day where you wake up and just feel F-A-T?
I'll admit I'm slightly overweight...I blame it on the pregnancy...well now I blame it on nursing since my body is still holding onto 10 lbs for fat reserves (which by the way has somehow fluctuated "those last 14 lbs" as of late).
Forbes came out with America's Most Medicated States and yep, Alabama is #2...sheesh! The stats read like this:
  • Retail prescriptions filled per capita: 16.7
  • Percent of obese/overweight adults: 67.9
  • Heart disease death rate per 100,000: 253.3
  • Prevalence of diabetes: 11.2%

So a little more than 2 out of 3 people in the state are Obese or Overweight, and the diabetes percentage is 3 whole percentage points above the national average. We are a FAT state!

For the past 15 months, I have eaten some of the most unhealthy foods like a pig...and it's time for me to resolve that I need to change what I put in my body, and not rely on cardio to burn fat off. I've only been able to "diet" once in my life but that program taught me how to eat sensibly and with balanced meals. {LA Weight Loss...and it's a shame they closed down during the recession because I lost almost 30 lbs in 6 months} So hopefully my memory doesn't fail me from 3 years ago. I'm going to actually try to lose weight now. No more substituting cardio for actually being healthy. Plus I read somewhere that the belly bulge is not a result of poor weak muscles, it's from fat stores...so no amount of crunches will eradicate the bulge if you don't get healthy and rid your body of excess fat. *sigh*

No comments: