Thursday, September 17, 2009

What A Trashy Neighbor

I'm so thankful the HOA "Police" didn't get me. I've actually been fined before and had a nasty letter from a law office regarding Mimosa trees in my yard...funny thing is it wasn't my yard (idiots). So the fines were reneged, but of course no apology for the havoc wreaked.

But this time I actually should have been fined...big time! My yard has been a major eyesore...for several months. It's just been low on the priority list since my pregnancy, since the baby, and especially since being laid-off. But this past weekend I was able to have the lawn mowed and Tuesday my brother surprised me by showing up randomly to clean up the yard beds (which is actually the majority of my yard since the neighborhood is landscaped in a "natural wooded area"). And when I say the yard was a wreck, I hadn't done anything with the yard since right before Thanksgiving last year. Wow, my brother is a sweetheart!

I'm paying the same neighborhood boy who mowed my lawn to pressure wash my driveway, sidewalk, and front stoop. I live on a steep incline and Tuesday I was actually taking the trashcan back to my garage and I fell down the driveway and busted my right palm (thank goodness I didn't have Mason in my arms!).

He's a little more than halfway through- look at the difference it's making!

What a trashy neighbor I've been!

4 comments:

Haley said...

Wow! That is unbelievable!

The Penter Family said...

I can't believe you fell down that driveway. You could have really gotten hurt! I'm glad you are ok!

Jamie Grizzle said...

Sometimes I dream of a career in pressure washing. I think it is so much fun to see the difference it makes! Your driveway looks great!

{Amanda} said...

Thanks y'all- it'd look like a completely new driveway if it wasn't for the huge crack down the middle (hehe). And yep, I totally busted but I could have broken a bone, could have scraped myself completely up...but thankfully my one hand bore the brunt of my fall.