Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Slight Changes

Small changes can alter a room's appearance dramatically.

Here's the dining room {Christmastime 2007...please excuse the ornaments and christmasy centerpiece}

And now here it is today:

  • Painted the table and chairs black; recovered the chairs
  • Moved the kitchen rug in here to anchor the furniture {Note: now need a kitchen rug!}
  • Added 3 more botanical prints and frames and tightened the bundle by hanging them closer to each other

I know I need a real table centerpiece {who wants to volunteer their flower arranging skills?} and I'd definitely like to change the walls up {with the corner table}. I've also been debating about whether to add a console piece underneath the wall with the prints.


But it's evolving...ever changing...hopefully for the better!

5 comments:

Tiffany Norris said...

Love it! I would never have thought of painting the table and chairs black.

The Penter Family said...

I like the black table and chairs... looks good!

{Amanda} said...

ohhhhhhh thanks y'all...if you were to see it up close, it'd be obvious my paint job is horrible BUT I still like it more than the way they were before {I think it's cheap pine even}.

I think the black makes it a tad more modern traditional...a little less dated.

Jamie Grizzle said...

Wow! It looks great! And you know how I love your green DR with botanical prints. I don't think I have been to your house since Mason was born. Looks like you are making a lot of great changes!

{Amanda} said...

what?!?!?! ummmm that's a MAJOR issue then- seriously, not since he's been BORN? girl, that's 11 months now!!! omigoodness I've not been a good friend at all {and esp since I've been to your place at least ten times since M's been born too...

remedy needed ASAP...msging you