Friday, July 25, 2008

The Fashion of Youth

Is it bad that I'm still shopping at Forever21?

Darn that number. Just like Seventeen magazine, they've pigeon-holed themselves by making it impossible for someone above that age to feel completely comfortable purchasing the magazine/clothes in public. {as a side note: ironically, I liked Seventeen probably up until I was 21}

Of course, they do add the word, "Forever" in front of the number. That should excuse a 27-yr old, who is 6+ yrs beyond, from the faux pas of purchasing and wearing these clothes...right? C'mon they're cheap and thank goodness for the "privacy" of Online shopping.

Here are some of my recent finds:

This flowy flower blouse {$17.80} was featured on Cupcakes and Cashmere- too cute! With a cami underneath, I can even pull it off with a suit for work. Or I'll pair it with shorts and strappy flat sandals on the weekend...
A pretty satin top {$17.80} will be great for date night or a Girl's night out paired with dark skinny jeans, stilletos, gold dangly earrings, and my pale, pale green BR clutch...

And since it's still Summer, I couldn't resist this vintage-print tunic {$19.80}. I'll have to wait and see the length to see if it can be worn as a dress on its own, or if pants are required. I suppose I could go either Hippie, preppy, or all-American depending on how the outfit is put together...

And then I couldn't resist this purple dress {$19.80}. Are you kidding me? It's under $20!?! Simple. Pair with my nude Prada heels and maybe no jewelry except for the pear-shaped diamond earrings. One time when Buckeye Belle complimented me on them, I immediately replied, "Oh, but they're fake" and without hesitation she goes, "Okay Oprah" Haha! Fake or not, Oprah earrings will go nicely with this dress...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

aw, thanks for the shout out! did you know that they've now changed some of the forever 21 stores so that they're called XXI? i think it's for those of us that are far beyond 21, but still find the clothes irresistable!

Tiffany Norris said...

So cute! I have the same hang-ups about the 21 thing, but I can't resist their adorable yet cheap stuff. :)

{Amanda} said...

emily,
i didn't know they've changed it to XXI... maybe it's something about the Roman Numerals, but that'd make me feel much better =) oh & thanks again for the recs- keep them coming!

tiffany,
i can't resist either! i figure if i'm going to get trendy pieces, i shouldn't invest too much in something that will be out of season in a few months.