Tuesday, July 22, 2008

On the Move

I think the move bug must be going around: Dear Friend just moved to Hotlanta, my friend Hess on the Hill moved into her new DC digs, and Pink Pimpette is preparing for Dallas.

While relocating includes not-so-fun parts of moving: saying goodbyes, the physical move, the pains of settling-in and making a new home...once the worst parts are over with, you have a new house, new reasons to celebrate, and a good excuse to send out correspondence!

One of my favorite things after moving was sending out Move Announcements to friends and family. I found these on Fine Stationery, a wonderful Online source with a wide selection of paper goods. And apparently my tastes don't veer far from home as I unknowingly chose a design by Stacy Claire Boyd, a NYC designer who now resides in Birmingham!
One of my old high school friends moved to Boston in June and just sent out this darling postcard...
And here is an ADORABLE one from Hess on the Hill. The colors are great and I still can't get over the moving box with a celebratory gal offering her cheers from unpacking. Great find Hess...
Here's another cute one I found on Fine Stationery...
And for those of us who will not be moving again anytime soon, we always have the pleasure of sending a nice housewarming welcome- whether it be a simple card, traditional flowers or plant, or goodies. I especially like this gift from Cheryl & Co that's packaged in a house-shaped box...

P.S. This post is also meant to serve as a gentle reminder that Buckeye Belle should add this stationery type to The Paper Nest's repertoire as well...hint hint!

No comments: