Monday, July 28, 2008

Weekend Honor

Saturday night, Pink Pimpette came by for a visit and surprised me by asking if I would stand-in as her Maid of Honor...I was ecstatic! From the very first time she was introduced to our family, it was as if she had been a little sister all along. In fact, sometimes I forget that she's my brother's fiance first- he's sweet to let me steal her away as a close friend too.
LOVE YOU, YOU DARLING GIRL!
Then we were on a hunt for the perfect Wedding shoes. They needed to be spectacular because these are her wedding shoes, but they must also be flats or very low heels, as she was close in height to her husband-to-be {same issue as my dear Buckeye Belle}. And after a lengthy search, we successfully found Pink Pimpette Caparros bridal shoes.

Our next trip took us to Ulta, a beauty-extravaganza-store not nearly as expensive as Sephora. I hope the word gets out about this place! They carry several brands I didn't expect to find: bareMinerals, smashbox, stila, Estee Lauder, Clinique, etc.

Also, I would like to make an official public announcement: I am now boycotting Bonefish Grill. We had a horrible wait at dinner after being told it was only a short 15-20 minutes, this somehow more than doubled. Pink Pimpette and I personally saw at least 3 parties seated before us and another poor couple waiting with us had placed reservations but had been waiting equally as long. For a great restaurant with great food, a wait like this would have been nothing; however, Bonefish is a chain restaurant with so-so food, lighting that was suspiciously low {it's not that nice of a restaurant...we think they were trying to save on electricity}, and Pink Pimpette noticed a not-so-pleasant fishy restuarant odor as we were being seated {from not-so-fresh fish}. Although the prices were relatively cheap, seafood entrees from $15-22, unfortunately sometimes you get what you pay for. If you want well-priced seafood in Birmingham, forget the chain restaurants, I'd recommend The Fish Market downtown.
______________________________________
Pink Pimpette and I had such a fun, girly Sunday:
church...lunch...coffee...shopping...manicure & pedicure

While Pink Pimpette & I were out and about yesterday, we stopped by Saks. She found a ridiculously beautiful "exit dress" for her Wedding Reception departure- white strapless, hits at knee with a black sash and large bow at the hip.

And then I found this little Kay Unger number. I was too excited not to post. Yes that is me, without makeup AND without the obligatory sucker-inner Spanx underthings. Sorry, but hope you get a picture of how beautiful the dress really is.
Of course, I didn't get a thing done in preparation for upcoming events (week-long business trip to Cleveland right before hosting Pink Pimpette's bridal shower!). But better to live in the moment...those minor things (like cleaning, yard work, decorating) always have a way of working themselves out.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

maid of honor! woot!! yay for you!

i get free pedicures and manicures all the time. :D
tehe.


cute dress, but shows cleavage, i dont think that would be appropriate for the wedding. ;]

{Amanda} said...

beebee! it's not for the wedding silly...it's just a happy-happy dress. you're so lucky you get manis/pedis all the time =)

Jamie Grizzle said...

Love the dress!

I totally forgot that you asked for those Vera Wang shoes. I am sooooo sorry! Can I bring them to you? Am I too late? I feel awful!

{Amanda} said...

hey Belle- no sweetie, they don't get married for another 18 days. i'm hoping that sometime in the immediate future, we'll have cause for getting together to celebrate...

Anonymous said...

this dress was made for your body! i'd pair it with some fun-colored heels.

{Amanda} said...

that's a great idea- black with black and white is predictable {now to figure what color purse} thanks emily!