Monday, July 19, 2010

When the Dog Bites, When the Bee Stings, When I'm Feeling Sad...

I simply remember my favorite things and then I don't feel so bad!

1. Magazine Articles: Sometimes these goofy readings shed light on things I would have otherwise been naive about! While I've not blogged about my dating adventures lately, they still exist and it's been a mixed bag. Such is life!

So after the "dog bite" and the "bee sting" I actually *heart* goofy article reminders of what to avoid in dating and relationships, tell-tale signs of bad dudes, and what types you shouldn't waste your time with.

2. Adventures: Our family used to take an annual whitewater rafting trip. I think the first year we skipped I was preggers, but I've got the "itch" to go thrill seeking again. My brothers and I are even talking about going sky diving. There are plans next month to go tubing...not quite the same, but perhaps it'll satiate my whitewater longing.
{Google Image}

3. Starbucks Mocha Frappuccino...LIGHT: I've found yet another Starbucks crack cocaine, and it's a "take home" from ther grocer too. Danger Danger!

4. Banana Republic Jewelry: They really have a beautiful line of jewels. I don't know how much you can see the above necklace, but my brother Batman gave me this Eclipse necklace for my birthday this year and I love it!
{Banana Republic}

5. Blushed Cheeks: I especially like the flush look after a good workout. I've been a good bit more diligent about getting my running and workouts in lately. And it's nice to have the blushing cheeks...without the help of makeup!
\ {Google Image}

6. Summer Fun List: I got this idea from Whatever...ohhh check out her lovely blog. She's a creatively busy mommy of 5 {like mine!} and she lives a very real life filled with lots of colorful joy. You'll just have to check her out to understand {HERE}
Here's a close-up of our list...



7. Playing in the Rain: While I love my sunshiney days, a warm summer rain also is a welcome invite to go splash in some puddles. We've had lightning the past couple of showers but this is on our Summer List.

{Google Image}

So I'm not sure if you noticed, but I've officially run out of "Favorite Things" lyrics for my titles...there's only 10 lines and I've maxed them all out. But don't you fret- this just means it's time for me to get a little more creative...how about a unique title like "My Favorite Things". Original, no? =)

No comments: